Thursday, August 16, 2012

Running thru Your Soles

I find that through all of my personal training, bootcamps, classes, and such that most people devote 100% to hard work, following through and of course, looking the part.  But in fitness, it's best to take the "function over fashion" route!! I often find that most people skimp on the single most important item: SHOES!!!  Good, quality shoes are SO important to not only performance, but more importantly,  reducing injury to their bodies.  I know the deals on the Nike's or Asics at Kohl's seems like a good buy, but stock up on the yoga pants there instead and invest in good shoes, fitted for you by a professional.

I have been working with Charm City Run in Clarksville and cannot say better things about them.  The will offer a free fit analysis and make sure you are wearing the correct shoe for your activity and for your chosen exercise.  I personally have 3 pairs of shoes I go between - 2 pairs of running shoes, 1 being a lightweight, performance shoe and my cross trainers, which I use for personal training, Cardio Barre, and fitness workouts.  Having shoes that match you and your fitness needs is key in reducing sore muscles, calf or hamstring pulls, heel spurs and plantar fasciitis, and sore knees.  The experts can decide if you need extra arch support or inserts to keep you from over or under pronating - fancy talk for how your feet roll when you walk and run.

Here is what I am currently running in these days:


Brooks Pure Cadence  - I have hot pink and blue/teal :)

I love these shoes because they are super lightweight and fit me like a glove.  I have been a Mizuno girl in the past but am loving my Brooks.  Are they cool? Sure.  But I bought them because they fit me just right.  There are so many shoes out there for everyone, go check it out!!


So, take some time and go visit a professional running store to have some size up your shoe needs.  I personally recommend Charm City, ask for Michael the manager and tell him Fuseology Fitness sent you.  We are also doing a used shoe drive thru Soles 4 Souls for those in other countries in need  - so bring your old, maybe unfit shoes and send them along to someone less fortunate.  Here's to "baby"ing our feet and burning some asphalt rubber!!!  Happy moving!

xo,
Rachel



No comments:

Post a Comment