Friday, August 3, 2012

Gettin' My Sweat Back On!!

In these dog days of summer, it's not too hard to get hot and sweaty! You can walk to your mailbox and feel the beads of sweat start to form on your neck.  I don't know about you, but I like to get sweaty for a purpose: to burn some calories!! 


After a pathetic 2 week attempt at getting back on the horse post vacation, I decided 2 weeks ago was my time "to get my sweat back on" again.  I am usually pretty consistent in my fitness routine but if you read my blog a few times ago, I was in my slump and I just kinda sucked all around!  


Last week and this week, it was" you know what's" to the wall and get my buns moving again!!  I hit the pavement hard, logging 4 runs each week for the last 2 weeks and breaking past my 5 mile mark I was sluggishly trotting to.  This week felt awesome to hit 6 and keep on going.  I got my usual doggie walks in, hit the spin bike for cycle class today, added in some of my fav kettlebell and total body workouts this week, and hopefully kicked everyone's butt, including my own, in Barre Fusion.  How do I feel? Awesome!! I am one of those people that likes to feel the fruits of my labor and boy am I.  And I think more is in store tomorrow.  

So, don't be tempted to let these remaining days of summer get the best of you.  Walk or hike at the beach, take a bootcamp class (hint, hint), do something to change it up, rev your engine, and kick it into high gear.  I always like going into the school year with some momentum to keep me going.  Next week, I'm headed with a friend back to Bikram Yoga after a 2 year, WAY to long break.  My achy muscles need it.  Oh, and I did I mention it is 90 minutes of pure bliss in a 105 degree room??? Bust out the yoga shorts -  it's time to get my sweat back on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment