Monday, September 3, 2012

Weekend Cooking

After having some skin surgery this past week, I am unable to do most of my usual stuff - exercise!!, laundry, dishes, groceries, etc. So of course I am going insane from inactivity and resorted to cooking and prepping meals for the busy upcoming weeks that lie ahead.  I can move around upright in the kitchen pretty well, leaving my hubby and kids to have to reach and bend to load the dishes, get the flour down from the top shelf, etc - not a bad deal, huh?

Back to the cooking - I researched and tapped into some friends pages and Pinterest pins to get some great freezer ready meal ideas.  I stocked up at the farmers market on Saturday, sent my hubby to Wegman's, and started prepping Sunday morning.  Here's the "before" pic:


 I made breakfast yummies, some grab and go stuff for the kids, and freezer meals that I can defrost in the am, toss in the crock pot, and have ready to go when I get home and the evening work/sports shuffle begins!   All of the recipes can be found on my Pinterest page, Rachel Gribbin, under the "Food for the Foodies" section! 

Here's the menu for the next 2 weeks in our house:

1)  Honey Bourbon Chicken (there is a gluten free variation to this as well)
     www.onceamonthmom.com
     I use brown rice in place of white but quinoa would work too!


2) Korean Shredded Beef Tacos (also a gluten free variation as well)
     www.onceamonthmom.com, I stored the tortilla shells and cheese in the freezer bag as well to have it all ready to go.

 3) Crockpot Mongolian Beef 
      www.onceamonthmom.com

Serve this over some quinoa and red rice - yummy!!


4) Thai Curry Beef Brisket 
     www.onceamonthmom.com

Can't wait to have this!!  I added carrots, yellow squash, onions, and sweet potatoes to mine!


5) Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos
    www.joelens.blogspot.com

Serve with fresh avocado - I froze the cheese and shells to have it all ready to go!!


6) Roasted Veggie & Black Bean Burritos
     www.aggieskitchen.com
** This is by far my favorite and after sampling the veggie mixture, it is delish!! **


7) Gingery Chicken with Peaches 
     www.iowagirleats.com


     

8) Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken
     www.shrinkingkitchen.com

9) Toddler Pizza Croissants (even though my kids aren't toddlers these are a healthy alternative to Hot Pockets!)
 www.onceamonthmom.com

 

10) Breakfast Yummies - Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes
      joelens.blogspot.com 

I made 3 variations of these - blueberry, chocolate chip, and mini for my son - I flashed froze them in freezer and then individually wrapped them in mini Ziploc baggies, separated by parchment paper, then stored in a large freezer bag together. 




AND HERE'S THE FINISHED PRODUCTS: 



Happy Cooking!! 

xo,
Rachel 





No comments:

Post a Comment