Friday, September 14, 2012

Blow out Another Birthday Candle

Now I know some people run for the hills every time a birthday comes around, but I personally LOVE them!  I think it is the only day each person gets that is 100% theirs, and should be special, and why not be a little selfish 1 day a year? If you ask my kids, "what is Mom's favorite holiday?" they'll tell you : her birthday! 

I turned 34 on Wednesday the 12th, my day sandwiched between my dad turning 60 on the 11th and my aunt turning 50 on the 13th!  We are a family of fountains of youth and each one of us is totally embracing it!  I have no shame in sharing my age and actually my 30's have been fabulous.  I am not one to dwell on age or the number, but look forward to what the next 5, 10, 15 years have in store for me.  Are there parts of my body that will never look 20 again? SURE! But I can honestly say other parts of me are in the best shape they have ever been in.  I eat healthier than I ever have, maintain a consistent workout routine, and share what I love to do with others.  Who can complain about that??? 

So, yeah I turned another year old. I am looking forward to 35 already. I don't see it as a countdown to the end but a start to the new beginning.  In the next 10 years, my kids will be off to college, my hubby and I will have time to ourselves again, life will be different. New ventures ahead, travel, and life changes.  I hope to have checked some items off my bucket list by then and look forward to doing so.  Here's to another year of good fortune until my next holiday - and I can't wait. 

xo,
Rachel 

No comments:

Post a Comment