Thursday, September 6, 2012

Day of the Week: Mun-dane

Anyone ever feel like they can't wait for a week to end?  That's how I feel this week! I have been blah, the weather has been blah, and my workouts have been double BLAH!! I am not a fan of resting and healing and I swear if I listen hard enough, I hear my running shoes whispering from the closet, "Rachel, where are you?"......

So many people this week have said "oh, enjoy the break" or "rest, it's good for you" or "it's ok to relax from time to time - I say NO WAY! I am a mover, a shaker, type A personality coming through like a freight train.  If you know me or have ever driven or even grocery shopped with me, look out!  I do not know how to rest.  I am even sleeping 8 hours a night, what is up with that? So,  I am keeping busy while I follow my doc's orders of limited movement (maybe 75% following, I gotta do something) and have cooked up a storm prepping for the upcoming weeks, planned 4 weeks worth of classes, and read a book.  I guess that counts for something?!

All I have to say is, I cannot wait for next week to begin!! My kids sports start up, all my Barre classes and bootcamps kick off on Monday, and it's birthday week - celebrating mine, my dad's, and an aunt and uncles 3 days in a row! And hallelujah, my stitches come out and I will be burning up some pavement next week for sure.  If you are like me, never feel bad about loving to be busy, or maybe even a little frantic from day to day.  It's how we operate.  I am a sad, ball of misery sitting around all day cooped up indoors (just ask my hubby). Plus,  it's almost fall and a great reason for all of us to get outdoors and enjoy this beautiful time of year.  If you have rested too much, partied too hard over the holiday weekend, then take advantage of the coming weeks and change it up, get outside, and get moving.  I'll come join you!


No comments:

Post a Comment