Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Cold Be Gone!!

Everyone asks what I take when I am sick since I don't do OTC, conventional medicine, or flu shots.   I have tried them all over the years and see no results.  Even for my kids, we have wasted so much money on in-effective medicine only to end up at the doc in the end.

My lifesaver when I have a cold is Bio Energy Vitamin C powder.  My primary care recommended it and you can buy at River Hill apothecary.  I swear by this! 1 tsp. every 4-6 hours as soon as symptoms begin, mixed with water and juice.   It has L-Ascorbic acid and the dose is more potent and absorbed by the body faster.  I also have been sipping on hot lemon water with honey for the last 2 days to stay hydrated and soothe my throat.

I also take Vitamin C, D, Omega 3, and Zinc as well as a daily preventative. I can honestly say I rarely get sick, but when I do  I try to stay as proactive as I can when symptoms set in.  I also wash my hands constantly, a task I am still trying to get my hubby and kids to comply with.  My hands get so chapped from all the hand washing but it's worth it and in my opinion, the #1 cold preventative!    I aim to get 7-8 hours of sleep at night, but let's be honest, some days that just doesn't happen.  I try to rest during the day when I'm feeling under the weather, but that is still a work in progress.....

Stay well!

Xo,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment